The world's largest Maitreya Golden Buddha is enshrined in Fanjing Mountain

Famous Buddhism mountain in southwest China for thousands of years​. In the Song Dynasty, Buddhism was officially introduced to Fanjing Mountain. The world’s largest Maitreya Golden Buddha is dedicated to Fanjing Mountain. Fanjing Mountain is a famous Buddhist mountain in southwest China for thousands of years. In the Song Dynasty, Buddhism was officially introduced to Fanjing Mountain. In the early years of the Northern Song Dynasty, an earlier monastery in Guizhou Province, Xiyan Temple (now on the outskirts of Yinjiang County), was built in Siqiong County at the western foot of the mountain. (Daoguang) “Yinjiang County Chronicle” says: “Xiyan Temple…built in Song Dynasty.” “Sinan Prefecture Chronicle” says: “Xiyan Temple, in (Yinjiang) County, Xiwuli, built in Song Dynasty.” The saying goes: “There is a temple in Xiyan, and it is also a trace of the Song Dynasty.” Xiyan Temple was built in the third year of Gande’s reign (965), the emperor of the Northern Song Dynasty, Zhao Kuangyin. The 1,000-year-old ancient temple is actually the ancestral courtyard of Fanjing Mountain Buddhism.

In the early Ming Dynasty, the government of the Ming Dynasty mined cinnabar and gold mines in the Fanjingshan area, and dispatched officials to supervise the operation. Because of the magical scenery of Fanjing Mountain, Buddhism flourished and became the “Pure Land of Brahma” that the monks yearned for, so it was officially named “Fanjing Mountain“, and the folks called it “Dafo Mountain”. In the early Ming Dynasty, in addition to the reconstruction of Xiyan Temple in Fanjing Mountain, temples such as Tianma Temple were also built. In the eleventh year of Yongle in Ming Dynasty (1413), the chieftains of Sinan and Sizhou fought for cinnabar. The Ming government changed the land and returned to the current state, and set up four houses of Sinan, Tongren, Songtao and Shiqian in the surrounding area of Fanjing Mountain. . In the same year, Guizhou Province was formally established.

Two hundred years later, during the Wanli period of the Ming Dynasty, Fanjing Mountainwas known as a “Famous Historic Site” because of its “Ancient Buddhist Temple”. The Governor of Guizhou, Guo Zizhang (present-day Jiangxi Province native), wrote “The Story of Guizhou” (1608), which stated that “Fanjing Mountain is the first mountain in Guizhou, which is comparable to the roof.” After the failure of the Zhejiang poet Xie Guogeng to fight against the Qing Dynasty in the late Ming Dynasty , lived in seclusion in Fanjing Mountain, and called himself “Tiantai Yiren”.

Stele Cliff

The stele of “Preface to the Reconstruction of Fanjing Mountain Jinding” is located at the foot of Old Jinding, 500 meters northeast of Jinding, with an altitude of 2270 meters. It was built in the forty-sixth year of Wanli in the Ming Dynasty (1618 AD). The stele cap has fallen off, but the inlaid stone square, the drum-shaped foot guard, and the sturdy platform are still intact. The forehead is engraved with the word “Chief”, so it is commonly known as the stele. There are two steles forbidding the cutting of mountains and forests. They are engraved with the notices signed by Linqing, the governor of Guizhou, and Li Wengeng, the governor of Guizhou, in December of the 12th year of Daoguang of the Qing Dynasty (1832). In September 1985, it was listed as a protected cultural relic in Guizhou Province.

Fanjingshan Cichi Monument

The full name of “Cichi Monument” is “Chici Fanjing Mountain Reconstruction Golden Top Preface Monument”. It was built by Emperor Wanli of the Ming Dynasty. It is located under the Old Jinding of Fanjing Mountain. The monument is 2.9 meters high, 1.85 meters high and 1.51 wide. Rice, the forehead of the tablet is engraved with the two characters “Chief”, decorated with dragon arches on the left and right, and covered with colorful clouds. The inscription on the inscription is known as regular script, with a total of 1349 characters, including 838 characters in the preface and 516 characters in the appendix.


Huguo Temple: Many temples have been built in the past dynasties, with hundreds of temples of different sizes, among which the four major emperor nunneries are the most famous. Hoguo Temple, one of the four emperor nunneries, covers an area of 3,000 square meters, and the temple products are spread over 30 miles around.

The Shakya Hall and Maitreya Hall are on the golden top and were built in the Ming Dynasty. The left is the Shakyamuni Hall, the right is the Maitreya Hall, and the middle is the Golden Knife Gorge. The bridge spans the gorge to communicate the two halls. Behind the temple there is a giant stone, a scripture drying platform and a preaching platform.

Cheng’en Temple: The building of Cheng’en Temple is located at the top of Fanjing Mountain, facing a deep valley of more than 1,000 meters. Cheng’en Temple (commonly known as Shangcha Hall), on the left side of the golden roof, has three main halls, the forehead of the door is engraved with the 5 characters “Chengci Chengen Temple”, and there are 8 side halls on both sides. 1250 square meters. Zhenguo Temple (commonly known as Xiachadian) is located below Cheng’en Temple. It was built in the Ming Dynasty and collapsed in the 1950s. There are many ancient temples of Jinding, and there are still many sites such as Huixiangping, Old Jinding and Yuantong Hall.

To Fascinate by The Stone

Hongyun Golden Peak: About 90 meters high and 2493 meters above sea level, the crack in the middle is called Golden Knife Gorge, which divides the Jinding into two and is connected by a bridge. There are Ten Thousand Scrolls of Scriptures, Mushroom Stones, Eagle Rocks, “Golden Basin Handwashing” and the Old Jinding around the golden dome. Angular peak phase then, 100 zhang deep Niuwei Valley prince stone peak stand.

The phantom of the Buddha’s light

Buddha’s light: before 9:00 am in the morning or after 4:00 pm in the afternoon after the rain, colorful auras appear in the clouds opposite to the sun, with shadows embedded, people moving shadow moving. In the firelight night, the fog will also appear tens of times taller than people’s projection, that is, the phantom. In fanjing Mountain, there are red flowers and green leaves all year round. Davidia involucrata, azaleas and magnolia blossom in turn all year round. For hundreds of years, hunan, Hubei, Sichuan, Guizhou, Jiangxi, Yunnan, Fujian and east and west countries came to worship, an endless stream of men and women, “Cui Wei does not reduce the five mountains, supernatural foot sow thousands of years”, “if the city ran”.


Sitting Statue of Maitreya: Since the Ming and Qing dynasties, the legend of Maitreya and Fanjing Mountain has been widely circulated among the local people. The ancients built two halls of Sakyamuni and Maitreya on the top of the New Jinding as the highest symbol of Buddhism on Fanjing Mountain.

In the Ming Dynasty’s “Empowerment Stele”, Maitreya and Fanjing Mountain were specially recorded, and Fanjing Mountain was called “Boundless Dharma Realm, Paradise Palace of Ultimate Bliss”. Fanjing Mountain Maitreya Dojo is confirmed by the magical natural landscape. In the vicinity of the new and old Jindings, you can often see the wonderful “Buddha Light” and “phantom”. From the “Buddha Worship Platform” of the ancient road to the mountain on the west road, Fanjing Mountain presents a scene of three Maitreya statues juxtaposed: the Old Jinding is the seated statue of Maitreya, the New Jinding is the statue of the golden monkey worshipping Maitreya, and the three main peaks are connected by the statue of Maitreya. The 10,000-meter-long reclining statue of Maitreya.